Wednesday, January 04, 2006

"Your mom goes to college"

I am now officially enamored of Gap's slim fit jeans. They must have a little stretch in them or something because they are just super comfortable. Plus, it probably helps that I got my actual size and didn't try to squeeze into a 6 for the sake of my pride. Putting the spandex in jeans is great because it gives you a little leeway when you put on five pounds of Christmas fudge, but the down side is that you can kid yourself into thinking you're a 6 when you're really not anymore, and that brings nothing but disappointment when you try on a pair of pants from last winter and discover that you can't even zip them up anymore. So I'm just going to accept that I'm an 8 now, own it, embrace it...and secretly still hate it. Unhealthy Body Image would be a great name for a band.

Oooh, speaking of which, did anyone else see that Lindsay Lohan is in the hospital AGAIN? Her people are saying it's because of an asthma attack. Yes, and I come to work every day for personal fulfillment, not the paycheck. Pfft.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a doubter of the asthma attack as well. She needs to get her life on track and slllooooowwww down some.

I love it when a pair of pants makes you feel good and not bloated!!!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok- just read that Lindsay L. admitted to Bulimia problems and such.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm soooo sorry that you have to wear an 8, what hell that must be!
I wish I could squeeze this fat a** into an 8! HAHAHAHA!
And not a word out of you either Ashley!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Sorry, that must have sounded obnoxious. Always amazes me how relative weight is. Wearing an 8 is a small disappointment to me but a huge accomplishment to others. And, apparently, a fate worse than death to Lindsay Lohan. Sigh.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home