Saturday, December 31, 2005

Magma

Alas, there were so many things I was supposed to get done yesterday that I never did. I want to blame my laziness on recovering from the trip to Chicago, but I suspect it's really just laziness, pure and simple. We did go couch-hunting yesterday. One day somebody's going to have to explain to me why couches cost so much money. Especially the leather ones. I like leather furniture, sure, but I just can't imagine spending $4000 on it. In my mind, you'd have to live in a home free of pets, children and beverages to do that. Or just be really rich. Either one.

J and I have been watching lots of James Bond movies on the Spike channel since I got back. They are a kick in the pants. I hadn't seen You Only Live Twice in a while (it's the one with the volcano lair). I want to comment on its portrayal of Asian women as submissive, but then I remember that this is a Bond movie we're talking about, and you're lucky if the female characters can string a sentence together while brushing their hair. Sigh. It really makes me want to watch an Austin Powers movie. "He is the mongoose to my snake...or the snake to my mongoose...either way it's bad. I don't know animals."

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

And I'd forgotten just how directly they drew from the Bond movies. But it's still a loving tribute, even if they're making fun of them. Love 'em!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home