Friday, June 26, 2009

Yo, Ding Dong, man, Ding Dong. Ding Dong, yo.

I was really surprised to hear about Michael Jackson's death yesterday, although I can't say I'm really torn up about it. I don't want to make light of it and I know he was very important to a lot of people, but, let's be honest here, that dude was weird. And not in the cute way. I mean, seriously, can someone explain to me how an African-American man has three white kids? I think for a while there, his people were saying he was the biological father, but once you've seen pictures of those kids (who all look suspiciously like Kirk Cameron, by the way), that's pretty hard to believe. But I heard one commentator on the news this morning bring up the possibility that his cardiac arrest was caused by either drugs or anorexia. Huh. I wonder how many middle-aged men die of anorexia. Can't be a lot. But, as my friend from work was saying, not a lot of men were dragged into strip clubs at age 5 to perform in a band, so all bets were off when it came to MJ, I guess. What a strange person.

4 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

I don't think he's dead. I think its a scheme to get him off the radar. And I'm not usually like that. But I feel like we would have heard about Michael fighting a drug addiction or anorexia in the tabloids at least. If he is dead, I too am not torn up about it, and not because I wished him any ill will, but probably the opposite... now he and his family can be at peace!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, faked his own death? That's an intriguing thought. I used to want to do that when I realized how much I owed in student loans, but I was pretty sure I couldn't pull it off. But if anyone could....

8:59 AM  
Anonymous alisa said...

I think his upbringing had a lot to do with how he turned out. Katie, he's been frail for a while. In fact I'd seen a few pics of him in a wheelchair not too long ago. Apparently he was getting a shot of demarol every day just to get by. But that'd be sooo interesting if he's faked his own death. Isn't he in a TON of debt?

Anyway, I hope his kids (who I've never thought were his) turn out ok.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

Sadly, they probably have a better chance of turning out ok now... maybe they will fall out of the spotlight...

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home