Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When you're bent over moaning and wailing, you lick your palms

My older sister, who has been a total lifesaver when it comes to giving us stuff for Lil J and the impending baby, gave me a bunch of maternity clothes a while back. Yesterday, I was wearing one of her shirts, this white tee with a faux logo on the front that says something like "City Gym Authentic." And, as I was telling J when he saw me wearing it, I can only assume the designer of that shirt was trying to be funny. Because, folks, I am anything but the picture of athleticism at the moment. Lil J keeps wanting to go on these long walks through the neighborhood lately (since the weather's been so nice), and by the end of the day yesterday, everything south of my equator was aching. Intellectually, I know the exercise is good for me, but I'm still amazed by how much it physically hurts to walk. And, I swear, after our longest hike of the day, it totally felt like the baby had dropped. Ugh. I cannot wait until it starts to get really hot and I'm the size of Mt. Fuji. It's gonna be fantastic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous alisa said...

Make J take some pics of you! I want to see you in your current pregnancy glow. I'd also like to see some of 18-month old Lil J. Soon he won't be so Lil anymore.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

we want pictures, we want pictures! I'm so excited that I'll get to see you in person in a couple of weeks! :-)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Perhaps I haven't been descriptive enough, but the last thing I'm going to do is post pregnancy pictures of myself, lest you people mistake me for a beluga whale in jeans. So just forget about that, my friends. Now, I AM planning on posting some of Lil J on here because we got his portrait taken 2 weeks ago, and we'll get the pictures this weekend. So look forward to that!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home