Thursday, May 21, 2009

Now bring me some Twinkies, dang it

The past two days, I've been scanning dozens of Chinese paintings for a professor, and, let me tell you, once you have seen about 30 Chinese landscape paintings, they all start to look alike. Sure, they're all very well-done and beautiful but in a repetitive sort of way. And I have about 300 more to do. Good grief. I've started scouring the images to see if the artists put any chimpanzees in diapers in the trees like some sort of 16th century Where's Waldo. Haven't found one yet.

I got an email from my Mom this morning that (probably inadvertently) sounded like she was warning me not to get fat. Ok, to anybody out there that's tempted to call me "big" right now: I am not fat. I am 7 months pregnant. There is a difference. And I reserve the right to point out flaws in your hair, body, and general disposition if you insist on calling me "big." Don't say I didn't warn you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous alisa said...

Uh, thanks Mom?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find that chimp in diapers.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

BIGGEST pet peeve about being pregnant, "WOW! You got big!" NO DUH! I was carrying another human being! And so I fully agree with your idea to point out every possible flaw on everyone who points out how big you are!!!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah! Take that, jerks!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home