Thursday, May 14, 2009

Where is Grandpa's automobile?

I'm so confused. I watched Lost on the DVR this morning (and I feel obligated to point out I've been up since 2 this morning...honestly, I only tell you this because I'm amazed by it myself), and I have no idea what's going on anymore. I have developed a theory that not-dead Locke (a.ka. the guy from the first scene with Jacob) is also the smoke monster, the Christian Shepherd apparition AND Amelia Earhart. I have the feeling that Jacob and Mr. Loophole are some sort of yin/yang, light/dark god-like brothers or something. But dang if I wasn't disappointed to see Jacob go at the end. I feel like we were just getting to know him. I guess all I can say is that it's going to be a long wait until January. Not as perplexing, but long nonetheless.

I'm giving my final exam to the history of design class tonight. Best thing about that? I can just sit there and zone out while they take it. Sweet.

5 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

The Russo household concurs with your yin/yang theory... and thanks to my 5th grade english teacher for teaching me symbolism so that I noticed that they even dressed Jacob in light colors and Mr. Loophole (love that name Ann!) in dark colors.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

This is probably goofy, but the thing that made me think Mr. Loophole is the smoke monster was the fact that he had a rope tied around his waist in that first scene. Why? I don't know.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

P.S. Lake. Big Lake!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous alisa said...

I'm on board with the yin/yang or Jacob/Esau or good vs. evil theory as well. And I do think he's got a lot to do with the smoke monster as well. Plus with him having the ability to appear as previously dead people he has a lot of control over the living people. On an unrelated note, the actor playing "Mr. Loophole" is named Titus Welliver. That's a cool name.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

"Titus Welliver" sounds so British that I want to now throw a scone at him.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home