Friday, June 12, 2009

On the telephone?

Most of the library staff is heading up to Toledo in August for a conference that they do every year, and my boss asked if I was going to join them or not. I pondered that for a while, and even though I would like to look as professional as possible and learn new things about my job, the thought that I'd be two hours away by car and go into labor two weeks early is enough to make me stay here. But it was amusing because I was really going back and forth about it, but when I asked J what he thought this morning, his response was "Absolutely not." As if Toledo has suddenly become some Mad Max-type desert wasteland populated by savage mutants driving dune buggies and shooting rifles up in the air. Although, can I just say that my favorite part of Weird Science is when the savage Mad Max-type mutants are leaving Wyatt's house at the end and the one says "Can we keep this to ourselves? I'd hate to lose my teaching position." Ha! Excellent movie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

I love that you used that quote- it is a regulary saying in the Russo household :)

I'm with J on this... stay put.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home