Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You are a sad, strange little man

I went to the OB's office yesterday for my monthly checkup, and my blood pressure was 102/50. I don't think she needs to worry about me developing pre-eclampsia so much as me passing out during delivery. Righteous. Ooh, but next week I have my glucose test, my Rhogam shot AND my blood work done. I would not be at all surprised if my iron is low, but I'm really hoping I don't have the gestational diabetes. My current diet consists of about 95% carbs, so that would really cramp my style for the next three months.

We had a nice Memorial Day. On Sunday, we went to J's brother's house for a cookout, and my sister-in-law surprised us with this for Lil J:She got it from a neighbor that was going to throw it out, and once J did a minor repair on it, it works fine, so we got a total deal there. But Lil J LOVES this thing. He can't pedal it yet, but he can steer it, so he comes careening down the driveway and drives off down the sidewalk before you know what happened. Good preparation for when he turns 16.

5 Comments:

Anonymous alisa said...

I want to ride that thing! That's so great that he loves it so much.

I hope you don't have GD either because limiting a woman's diet during her pregnancy just seems mean.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, forcing a pregnant woman to forego cookies is just plain WRONG.

I'll have to try to get some video of Lil J riding his Excavator. It is a wild ride, I assure you.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

That is freakin' cool!

I definitely hope you don't have the GD! Is this the first glucose test or the second?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

First.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

I second that GD thing- it was NOT fun at all! Eva Cate loves cars too- might need to look into something like that for her!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home