Thursday, June 11, 2009

Where is my super suit?

Oh man, I am wiped out this morning. Been up since 1:45. And here's the sad part: I kept almost falling back to sleep then something else would wake me up, so I'm both tired AND feeling like the universe is conspiring against me. I miss Nyquil. I really, really do.

But here's some good news: I got my test results back and I do not have gestational diabetes. Whoo! Bring on the lemon meringue pie! My iron is a little bit low, however, so I'm taking iron pills every day. But I totally saw that coming. Not only was my iron low when I was pregnant with Lil J, but I have developed a really strong aversion to meat this time around, so it's not surprising. Seriously, never in my life have I turned down a hamburger until now. And don't get me started on pork chops. Blech.

6 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Awesome that you don't have gestational diabetes!!! Are you taking a separate iron pill from the prenatal vitamins??
Is there anything you can take to help you sleep?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

I had the same meat aversion when I was pregnant with Lucy, though it subsided a bit in the last trimester. But until then, the smell of bacon frying made me flee the premises. I was so afraid I'd never be able to eat a BLT again! (I know, first world problem.)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

That's great about the GD. And listen, I don't want to get too personal here, but you might want to think about some Miralax or Benefiber or something along with iron pills. Ask me how I know. ;-)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I think I could still go for a BLT. That sounds delightful.

Miralax or Benefiber. Got it. They'll go on the grocery list. My nurse did mention that particular side effect, and that is one road I do not want to travel. Word up.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

So glad you don't have the GD!!!!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous katie said...

Hooray for no GD!

I couldn't eat pork when I was pregnant and I ate very little meat in general during the first trimester. Weird!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home