Friday, January 06, 2006

Let my Cameron goooo

I was flipping through the channels last night and happened upon this very interesting movie, but I don't know the title since I came in late. It was a Japanese-style animated movie about a little girl who gets caught in this magical world where her parents get turned into pigs, a boy who befriends her can turn into a dragon, a train rides on underwater tracks and giant slugs pay top dollar for a good steam bath. The whole thing leaves you feeling like an opium addict in Singapore. Don't get me wrong, it was really good. The animation was incredible, the story was interesting, and the characters were fascinating. J and I were talking about how weird Japanese animation is though. I mean, seriously, it just goes from weird to "what the f?" in five seconds flat. I wonder if that's because we're American and don't get the cultural context, or if the animators are really just all high. If anybody else has seen this, let me know. I'd love to know more about it.

It's Friday! Y ippee!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my vote is that they are really high

1:08 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Katie, you cracked me up there :)

I checked imdb, and it definitely was Spirited Away. Thank you, Arisa! That was driving me nuts.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm quite sure that entire governments have been run by people who were either drunk or doped up. You can get yourself in the middle of a really bad missile crisis that way.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home