Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Moving buddies: if you don't have one, get one!

The other night, we were all in Lil J's room getting him ready for bed, and I was telling J how I'd gotten one of those excruciating leg cramps the previous night. So J told me that if that happens again, I should wake him up and get him to rub the cramp out of my leg, to which I replied "No, I don't want to wake you up in the middle of the night all urgently like that." And he said "Oh, I get it. You're afraid that if you wake me up that way, I'll hop out of bed, yell 'Aliens!' and jump out the window." And, people, once I had that mental image in my head, it took me about half an hour to stop laughing. Seriously, I haven't had a case of uncontrollable giggles like that in a while. Not only does the idea of him jumping out our bedroom window in a panic just make me laugh (because I'm a sick, sick person), but it's so funny to me because IT'S COMPLETELY TRUE. He nailed it. J has enough trouble staying in bed most nights; I'm not about to freak him out more than I have to. A leg cramp is the least of my nighttime troubles, for crying out loud.

2 Comments:

Anonymous alisa said...

And now I'm giggling too. That's too funny. You are just cursed with nighttime troubles, there is no way around it.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

And his cell phone woke me up at 3 this morning. Ergh.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home