Thursday, July 02, 2009

This? This is Kent

While the 4th of July has never been my favorite holiday (too hot), this year, it's going to be really sad since we don't have a charcoal grill anymore (we left our previous Weber grill at the old house when we moved...I don't think J even put it in the shed or anything...just left it there in the backyard like some sort of rusty sentinel). Bummer. I'm not even sure what we're going to do on Saturday. I feel like we ought to do something to celebrate the country and all, but I'm pretty positive that taking Lil J to a fireworks display would be a very bad idea. So no fireworks, no charcoal-grilled dogs...I'll just have to find something really American to do. Maybe we'll all put on fanny packs and baseball caps, go to a large discount store and purchase items on credit that we can't really afford while carrying concealed firearms and referring to Chicago as a state. Yes, that sounds delightful.

7 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

You could come to PA and celebrate Logan's birthday :)

Or you COULD got to a large discount store (fanny pacs and all) and buyt a new grill to make some dogs on! Problem solved!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

sorry for all the typos :(

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I wish we could visit and see Logan on his birthday! What are you guys doing for the big day this year?

I'm so hungry for a hot dog right now.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

Party in a park near the new house with a big playground :)

By the way, Real Genius?

10:50 AM  
Anonymous alisa said...

Totally Real Genius:
"Oh, Kent, that is so unfair! And we were going to make you King of the Winter Carnival."

Mmmm...hot dogs.

I want to visit Logan on his birthday too!

Ann, I think your plan sounds very American. Do it!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Post pictures of Logan's party for us!

Real Genius is such an underappreciated movie. I love:
"Jerry, there are lots of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing."
"I'm serious, Chris."
"So am I, Jerry. So am I."

11:16 AM  
Anonymous alisa said...

"I want to see more of you around the lab."
"Fine, I'll gain weight."

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home