Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fizz

Just so you know, the chili at Wendy's today is excellent.

I'm reading a new book by Anne Perry called "Angels in the Gloom." She's one of my favorite authors. She writes great mysteries set in distinct periods in English history. This series takes place during World War I. And, people, we should all gather together, hold hands and chant our thanks to whatever god we believe in that we were born after the discovery of penicillin and anesthesia. I'm not kidding. Yeow.

J and I are currently having an email conversation about me getting something to drink (we are ALWAYS working on important work-related business), and I just told him I wanted something "fizzy." I love that word. Fizzy. Is that a real word or is it just onomatopoeia? Anyway, it's practically impossible to find a diet, carbonated, caffeine-free beverage around here. We blame that on all the students demanding as much caffeine as their bodies can possibly handle, but it makes it tough on those of us who don't want a lot of calories but are into something more exciting than water. Sigh. My life is full of hardship. Somebody bring me a diet root beer! I need! I need!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love wendy's chili! It's surprisingly good to eat in the car too- gotta juggle things just right.

Fizz is THE word man! I just gotta say, that Diet Dr. Pepper really DOES taste like regular Dr. Pepper without the syrup content! But I still love me some Diet Coke too! :-p

9:33 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Diet Dr. Pepper is delicious. For some reason the caffeine-free Diet Dr. Pepper is not as good though. I once drank a case of that stuff in a week and can't touch it since.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home