Friday, February 10, 2006

Hubba Bubba

I'm leaving at lunch today because I have to work tomorrow. My plans are to work out then do a little V-Day shopping for J. I'm still not sure what I'm going to get him, but I am confident something will come to me while I'm looking around. He told me that a couple of his previous girlfriends didn't buy him things for Valentine's Day. That seems so odd to me. Why should I be the only one who gets chocolates and sparklies? Seems to me that in the interest of gender equality, guys should get Valentine's presents, too.

But I will say that if I were Pam on last night's The Office and my fiance only gave me the promise of "the best sex" as a Valentine's present, the wedding would be off. He could have at least gotten her a Toblerone from CVS. Come on!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending mike a cookie bouquet :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Awww, great idea!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike has always taken me to dinner (place of my choosing) and sent flowers. I usually just get him something small... we've never made a really big deal about it.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and by the way, the cookie bouquet is made up of cookies that are blue ribbons and the one in the middle is going to have 'Mike, You're the Best!' ala the Karate Kid tournament scene (Daniel, you're the best... and then the super cheesy sone 'Best Around' plays..)

Yes, we have a weird obsession with that movie.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home