Friday, February 03, 2006

Nachos

I really liked The Office last night. That guy Darryl was cracking me up. "This isn't over, Michael!" Ha! And leave it to me to read too much into it, but I thought it was an interesting look at female professionals. The show almost gave you this impression that women in the workforce are either domestic, silly things who don't care much about their jobs and just want to get married, or they're unhappy, gorgeous, ambitious barracudas. I think what disturbed me when I was thinking about that was how true it can be. A lot of the women in places I've worked have actually fallen into one of those two categories. And women who display ambition are still labeled as "bitchy" sooooo much of the time. It's really not fair to them. On the other hand, I have had some really bad female bosses. Sometimes I wonder if I was holding them to a different standard because they were women, or if they really weren't good managers because society doesn't do as much to condition women to manage as it does men. I don't know. But I do know that Jim and Pam are adorable. So there.

It's Friday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I did see that about Ryan. That's so cool.

Yeah, I have had at least 4 bad female bosses that pop into mind, and only 1 bad male boss. Not to name names, but those women were AWFUL. Mean, nasty, incompetent, rigid or a delightful combination of all the above. Ugh. I guess I just have bad luck.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home