Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I once ate my weight in Skittles

Today is my older sister's birthday. Happy Birthday, Meg! (she doesn't read this blog, but I'm going to send her props anyway. I'm crazy like that!) She said that this year for her birthday she doesn't want any presents, just for us all to get together for dinner and have some cake. I hear that. I'm all for cake. And I think it's cool she's focusing on her kids more than herself. That is one of the things about parenting that scares me: the selfless devotion part. Ha! But seriously, I told J that I would never expect him (or anyone else) to buy me a gift at this point in my life but candy is always appreciated. A roll of Chewy Spree or a Hershey's Special Dark is really all I need anymore. I am a simple people.

Was American Idol last night hilarious or what? J pointed out that Simon really only seems to be nice to people when he thinks they're mentally challenged. All I know is they told that sad story about the blond girl whose mother abandoned her and whose dad is in jail, and it made me cry, but it also made me want a cheese coney and a lemon-berry slush. Mmmm, Sonic.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually did watch AI last night (big deal for me b/c I am morally opposed to reality TV) but I didn't catch this blonde girl you speak of, but what about the seemingly high and whorish chick, Rhonetta...? That was pretty damn funny. As was the Michael Jackson wannabe.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, Rhonetta was wacky! She sang about 2 words from 3 different songs and thought she'd make it?? Really does reaffirm my belief that 30-35% of the world is crazy.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I think I missed him. Which one was he?

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was the one who scared the judges by singing and holding his notes (which were out of tune)- he tried to do a second song- but still didn't help!

I'm so addicted to Tivo- you can fast forward through the agonising singers if you need too!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I missed him as well... but there was one kid who tried to sing bridge over troubled water... anyone catch that? if he hadn't said what song he was singing, there's no way i would have recognized it.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home