Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Cheese ham

Did anyone happen to see American Idol last night? There was a guy at the end they called "Crazy Dave" who was really skinny, tall, totally spastic, frighteningly bizarre and whose eyes rolled back into his head when he was singing. The first thing that popped into my head when I was watching him: "That is EXACTLY the kind of guy that would have liked me in high school or college."

Arisa and I were discussing ham yesterday, and it reminded me of the lunchmeat my Mom used to buy when we were kids. Arisa never got the privilege of having it, but we used to eat this packaged ham that had little chunks of cheese embedded in it. I believe that is why to this day I have such a hard time eating ham.

Does anybody besides me get cravings for Hostess snack cakes? I would kill somebody for a Zinger right now.

Oh, and in real news, it looks as though I am going to have 6 nephews by June. My brother has 2 boys, my older sister is having a second boy, and now my younger sister will probably be having a second boy, too. What are the odds??

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Bite your tongue. There was a Crazy Dave in college (except with crazier hair) who I completely crushed because I turned him down to see a movie. He started crying to my friend, Shelley, and that made me like him even less. I am that mean.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arisa, you read my mind. I wasn't even allowed to have hostess products growing up, we were all TastyKake

the kandy cakes are the BEST!

When I was still down there, I think Kroger carried some...

12:16 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

In college, I knew this guy from Philadelphia, and he always talked about Tastykakes. I don't think I've ever seen them in Ohio. That's a shame. I like the idea of a kandy cake.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had I known all this in October, I could have brought plenty-o-tastykakes to the Halloween party!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home