Thursday, February 09, 2006

Poor, naive Trotsky

As much as I appreciate that the writers of Lost are trying to keep Sawyer a difficult, complex, layered character, I really think he's a jerk most of the time. He can take his shirt off all he wants, but unless he learns to share, somebody's going to whack him upside his pretty head with a coconut. His little speech to the group after he got the guns reminded me of why communism is good in theory but it never works in reality: there's always some greedy bastard who ruins it for everybody else.

While I was brushing my hair this morning, I was thinking about how most women on tv are so thin and glamorous these days (even middle-aged mother roles). They're all so thin, ripped and surgically-enhanced that it got me wondering if they created Golden Girls today, would they have cast Morgan Fairchild, Victoria Principal and Susan Lucci? Can you see Joan Rivers as Sophia? That is a disturbing image right there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Golden Girls for the year 200+ would be very interesting... they definitely wouldn't be the gals of old.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the title 'Lost' has taken on a whole new meaning for me because I'm starting to feel lost... so why exactly did sawyer take all the guns? Just b/c he could and he's a horrible person? There has to be more than that. I'm just happy that Charlie just said no!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know what you mean, Katie. I get that they're showing us how selfish, greedy and self-serving Sawyer is. But, man, he put in a lot of work just so people would hate him. If that's all he wants, all he really had to do was go punch Rose. I suspect he craves power, too.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home