Monday, February 06, 2006

Mecca lecca high mecca chonney ho

I am such a sucker for the Budweiser commercials with the horses playing football and the cowboys watching. That one last night with the sheared sheep streaker cracked me up. I still love the one with the zebra doing instant replay, too. Ahhh, comedy. The Ameriquest commercials were good, too. But Diet Pepsi needs a new ad agency. As much as I think I ought to like Jay Mohr, he just irritates me. It's something about his eyebrows. Shudder.

Keep your fingers crossed, but I think we finally found a truck for J this weekend. I don't want to jinx it because it's not in stone yet, but it's a really nice 2001 quad-cab truck. Test driving it made me want a V8 (engine, not drink). I've always had cars with smaller engines, and I had no idea how much pickup one of those babies gets. Nice.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the ameriquest commercials (we're not going to judge you) and bud did a pretty good job (nothing amazing, but they got a giggle out of me). And we did have the bud stadium wave. Using MacGyver was priceless... but I bet a lot of youngins didn't get it. I did like the michelob ultra one where the girl gets tackled during a touch football game. The Burger King one didn't do it for me, until the pickles jumped on the burger, for some reason that really cracked me up.
Alisa's right about Pepsi. And did you see their website is brownandbubbly.com... that is wrong in so many ways. I can't really remember the Sprint commercials, but they did make me laugh. Odd.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I really liked the Ameriquest ones, too. And the girl getting tackled in the football game was awesome. Not that I find violence against women funny or anything...

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember now! One of the Sprint commercials had Benny Hill music. That cracked me up.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home