Sunday, February 12, 2006

I weep for the future

I slept almost 9 hours last night! Unprecedented! Generally I get around 5 to 6 hours a night. Either I'm wearing myself out buying corduroy pants or I'm coming down with something. It cannot be that I'm simply sleeping more. That would be too good to be true.

I got J part of his Valentine's present on Friday, and, more importantly, I bought myself two pairs of cords for $13 combined! Nice. I love pants.

Working yesterday afternoon was fine. It was steady but not too busy and nobody asked me a question I couldn't answer, so that was a relief. We close at 5 on Saturdays and at 4:58 this kid comes in with a sketch pad, so the student worker tells him we're closing at 5. He asks me if he can at least draw the study skeleton's arm (yes, we have an actual skeleton hanging in the library for study purposes. I call him Juan), and I replied "If you can draw it in 2 minutes." So at 5:00, I went around and told all the patrons that we had to close, and when I went up to the arm-drawing kid and told him we had to close, our conversation went as such:

"Excuse me, we need to close the library now."
"Really?"
"Yes, really."
"What time do you open tomorrow?"
"We're not open on Sundays."
"Not at all?"
[me shooting him a withering look as if he's dumber than a Jessica Simpson infomercial]
[him gathering his stuff and mumbling that we're never open]

Ahh, the kids these days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

It was nice. Of course, this morning I woke up at 4:15. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home