Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Marzipan Prophet

We had a good Valentine's dinner last night. We ate then played arcade games for a couple hours. I have found that I am fairly good at shooting zombies and playing skeeball but that's about it. I don't know if this is because I'm getting older or what, but I'm seriously starting to fear for my hand-eye coordination. J can get to like the 15th level of Ms. Pac-Man, and I die three times in the first 40 seconds. Thank goodness for J's skills or we never would have been able to leave Dave & Buster's with a slinky, 4 plastic bracelets, a fluffy ball and a giant Pixy Stix. Phew!

I loved American Idol last night. One of my favorite things about that show is watching the kids forget the words to songs. Not that I think I'd do much better but, hey, that's why I don't sing. EVER. I probably will take a break from watching it after this week though. Once they get down to 24, it doesn't get interesting for me until it's down to about 6.

And the title from today's post comes from a conversation I was having yesterday with a professor whose friend was trying to come up with ideas for religious-themed centerpieces for a pastor's luncheon. Marzipan prophets was my contribution. And that is why nobody ever takes me seriously. Yes!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see Idol last night... who are some of the peeps that made it to the next round? Did the young chic who sings bille holiday like its nobody's business make it?

9:17 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yep, she's in and pretty much all the people they highlighted positively during the auditions made it. I was very happy that the annoying "size model" was cut. The poor little cowboy was cut, too. Unfortunately, the twins are still in. Jerks.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home