Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Take an elbow in the eye like a man!

I have returned to my post here at the library after calling in sick yesterday. As far as I can tell, nobody dug into my food stash or found my collection of combustibles, so I think I'm ok. Phew! I really felt shredded yesterday. I don't remember much of yesterday morning because I was so tired, but I remember emailing someone and telling them that I was so exhausted it felt like my eyeballs were melting. That's pretty gross imagery right there. See what watching Raiders of the Lost Ark as an 8-year-old will do to you? That melting Nazi scene never really goes away.

I did get to see some good World Cup soccer yesterday. I had originally thought I'd root for Italy, but after them overact during their match with the U.S.A., I believe I have grown weary of their histrionics. Plus, about 4 of them had to leave the game with injuries, and I just can't respect athletes who appear to be made of glass. I mean, really. It's soccer. If you can't take being kicked in the leg, you might want to go back to babysitting baby rats with your mommy. Sissy boys!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Ummm...ok, I admit it, I have no idea where I got that baby rats thing. It was the most insulting thing I could think of to tell a soccer player this morning.

Do you remember the bad guy getting hit with the plane propellers, too? Gross!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home