Monday, June 12, 2006

You sank my battleship!

J and I went to see my side of the family on Saturday and had a delightful time. Nephew #2 was playing with marbles--he'd grab a handful, throw them up in the air and yell "Yahtzee!" Heh. It inspired me and J to buy a Yahtzee game at Walmart yesterday, so we played that last night since nothing was on tv. You know, instead of boring us to death with golf, basketball playoffs by teams nobody cares about and NASCAR, why don't the networks show more World Cup soccer? At least international soccer has occasional riots. Now THAT'S excitement. Anyway, playing Yahtzee was fun. I haven't done that in years. I rolled many a full house and small straight, but never once did I get actual Yahtzee. Hmph.

I also made two batches of no-bake cookies yesterday. I got on a roll and now we have something like three dozen cookies sitting in the refrigerator. I should probably give some to my inlaws or bring them into work to share, but with the way J and I eat desserts, they'll probably be gone tonight. But the good thing is that when we both weigh 300 pounds, we'll still have each other...mostly because we'll be too big to leave the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home