Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Take that, Mr. Grizzly Bear

Anybody who knows me isn't going to believe this, but I actually did yardwork last night. Gasp! There used to be an above-ground pool in the backyard that has since been taken out, so there was a large, circular low spot where grass wouldn't grow. It looked like a bomb hit the backyard. Seriously. J had some soil delivered after work yesterday, so we were smoothing it out and filling in low spots until about 9 last night. Let me preface this by saying that J did most of the work, but I actually did some grass seeding, raking and watering of the lawn. I feel like I'm a better person for having chipped in and helped, but I would also like to add that the soil smelled like crap, I got my sequin shoes muddy and 20-pound bags of grass seed are no fun to carry around. Basically, I have concluded that I'm more of an indoors girl. I am one of those people that goes to the pool when they're at the beach. Raccoons scare me, and I'm allergic to ant bites. If I got lost in the forest, I'd be that person on the news who walks around in circles for 3 weeks before collapsing on a bee hive. That's me. Indoorsy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Thank you. You know, I've still never used a lawnmower though. We used to play with a push mower of my Dad's when we were kids, but I've never actually mowed a lawn. I'm not proud of that.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike doesn't believe that I mowed my parents lawn a few times! However, I do not mow my lawn, that's Mikey's job.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, you are not going to believe me, but we have a 1/2 crater in our back yard, too! We had an above ground pool taken out when we moved in...you and J are much more motivated than we are, though!
We are working on the area around it but have not filled it in yet. If the weeds get high enough, it will LOOK filled in. ha-ha!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

When J told me how much the soil was going to cost, I suggested we just let the weeds keep filling in the crater, too. Good grief, who knew dirt cost so much money?
I'll try to get a picture of the backyard when it's done so you guys can see it.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home