Monday, May 15, 2006

I quote Socrates, who said "I drank what?"

That was an exhausting but great day yesterday. Nephew #5 is doing very well and is looking adorable. And we had a nice lunch with my Mom, and I got to see my younger sister's house and the room she painted for my nephew (a cool, bold red). When we were at my older sister's, J came up with the idea of putting the futon mattress over himself, crawling on the floor and chasing around my 2-year-old nephews, and they LOVED it. In the beginning, J was just chasing them and roaring and they'd run away squealing or looking very concerned, but as time went by, Nephew #2 started flinging himself on the mattress and yelling "I got him!" It was hilarious. I got underneath the mattress a couple times but discovered it was very hot under there, so we just let J take over again. It was much fun. Being an aunt is so nice that you get to play with them all you want, but the minute poop becomes an issue, you just hand them over to Mom or Dad. Excellent deal.

I tell you what, by the time we got back home, we were both beat though. I even fell asleep during Family Guy. For shame.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Yep, Real Genius. I watched that movie about 80 times as a kid. Back when Val Kilmer didn't seem so crazy.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that movie too :)

Sounds like you had a blast with the kids :)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home