Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Excuse me, miss. I speak jive.

I feel a little bit of a cold coming on. When I first got up today and felt all stuffed up, my immediate thought was "Mumps! Noooo!" but, don't worry, I have regained my sanity. For now anyway.

I saw the head of Exxon/Mobil being interviewed on the Today show this morning. I must say, his unapologetic stance that he's "in the business of making money" and won't agree to cut profits in order to lower gas prices was infuriating, but, honestly, kind of refreshing, too. It's nice to see someone who gives an entire country the figurative finger like that. Do I still want to throttle him and the rest of the big five gas companies? Of course. Have I secretly been brewing my own mixture of fuel from lighter fluid, Hawaiian Punch and grass cuttings? Not yet. But I do feel as though I'm close to perfecting the recipe.

My neck hurts. Mumps! Noooo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I can put my chin down to my chest. Score one for Ann's immune system!

I know. He just seemed like "I don't care if gas costs $3 a gallon. I make $2 million a year. F you all." At least we know where he stands. I hope the cost of hybrids goes down soon so more people can buy them. It's such a good idea.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard a guy on the radio, he was somewhere in the mid-west and he actually is stilling his own gas...

11:10 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I want to be that guy.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, menengitis nothing to play around with, my sister had spinal menengitis when she was a baby...glad to hear your immune system is good, Ann!
I read somewhere that it takes up to FIVE YEARS to get back savings on a hybrid because they are still so expensive. No, thanks! I am interested in this converting cars to run on vegetable oil! :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I have a bottle of vegetable oil in the cupboard that isn't helping the fuel crisis at all. I'd be willing to throw that in the tank, NO PROBLEM. Not that I would. I wonder how many mechanics have seen cars lately with gas tanks full of kerosene?

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home