Monday, April 24, 2006

Blowing chunks

The Ann tummy has had a rough few days. I still don't feel completely recovered from eating at the Chinese buffet on Saturday night. Wow. Next time I go mini-golfing, I'm just going to have crackers and ginger ale beforehand because it's really embarrassing to be lying on the ground, doubled over in pain beside the 9th hole.

I've always had such a sensitive digestive system though. I'll throw up at the drop of a hat, I promise you. Motion sickness, hormone-induced nausea, general queasiness, these are all my friends. In 8th grade, I threw up in the middle of a basketball game for no good reason. And I've had many periods in my life where I'll just wake up in the morning and feel really sick for days at a time, and then it just goes away eventually. Curious. I think I got this digestive trouble from my Dad. He was one of those fathers that would be in the bathroom for half an hour at a time, and when I was a kid, I could never figure out what he was doing in there. When we got older (our teenage years), he started joking around about it, and when he was in the bathroom, he'd start moaning really loud and trying to get us to laugh. Such a card.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

It may have been the 8th, but yep...although I was probably more squatting than lying. Fortunately, no one was behind us so I didn't feel pressured to finish the putt and crawl away.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home