Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I am unable to drive 55

Gas is up to $2.70 a gallon here. I have never been so happy that I drive a small car with a moped engine in it. I think to fill it up now, it would cost about $35, so when I drive up to a pump after an SUV has been there and see that they had to spend $70 to fill up their car, I at least feel a little bit better about things. I wish I lived in a city that had good public transportation or in a neighborhood where I wasn't afraid to ride a bike around for fear that I'll get mugged. Ideally, I could afford to buy a scooter. Sure, it's not very safe in an accident, but I think it would be fast enough to outrun a crackhead since they don't have very good lung capacity. I think these are cute:

Honestly, isn't that adorable? Can't you picture me riding that with the wind in my hair and the Wubby J. in a basket on the front?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Wubby needs a side car.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yes! Excellent idea! We'll get him some goggles and a scarf and we shall paint the town red!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I would like to have a car with a horn that sounded like a goose.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they make car horns that sound like trains. I bet they make a horn that sounds like a goose :)

And Wubby would be adorable in a side car :) Maybe he could ride over and pick up Ralphie and they could ride around the town together(in the side car of course)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Aside from the fact that the goose horn would probably freak out Wubby and Ralphie, I am totally into this idea. I could take the scooter down to Arisa and pick up KC, too. She's a little bigger than the others so, of course, Ralphie and Wubby would have to sit on her head in the sidecar.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, now my 2 cats are going to want to go too... you'll have to get the side minivan...

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home