Friday, April 14, 2006

Suck it, Old Navy

I don't know if it's national or not, but there's this Old Navy commercial that's been on tv a lot around here that is driving me crazy. It's the one where a group of young people are dancing on a rooftop to a "She's my summertime girlfriend song" and wearing tan and brown clothes. It is just painful to watch. I feel bad for everyone involved: me for having to watch it, the actors for dancing like a bunch of suburban parents, the one black actor for having to pretend like that's how he normally dances, and for the company that thought this would look cool. Ugh. It's embarrassing and shameful for everybody involved. I cringe just thinking about it.

In happier news, however, it is Friday and I'm wearing silver sequined shoes! Yay! Our big Easter brunch has now been reduced to a smaller family gathering because so many people bailed on it to work. Isn't that sad to think that people have to work on Easter? No jelly beans? No Cadbury cream eggs? No ham? The Easter Bunny is rolling over in his nest of shredded pink plastic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

J and I were talking about those Jon Lovitz commercials the other night. Is he doing a character he used to do on SNL? Because we both remember him as some actor or acting coach that used that same voice. Or are we imagining that?

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I've yet to see one of the subway commercials all the way thru, but it does seem that he is reprising his role of the actor/acting coach that always roared 'acting!'

that old navy commercial is killing me. must we all be damned to a life of tan and brown? and don't get me started on the return of the krinkly skirt.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know! I'm just dying to see some green or blue or orange or something! Gah!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home