Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Go Buckeyes!

My friend whom I refer to as Poppy is getting married and moving to Connecticut this summer. I was talking to her on the phone last night and she was saying she's thinking about starting up a blog to detail her observations about country life vs. city life. I think that's a marvelous idea. Not just because I love blogs with a theme (sure, my blog sort of has a theme but I don't think "thoughts about donuts" really counts), but because Poppy is a great writer and I think she'd come up with some very witty comments about Connecticut. I told her last night that I picture her wearing knee socks, plaid skirts and turtlenecks with ducks on them by August. And I just assume she'll have a dozen pairs of loafers by then, as well.

Even though I've lived in a few different states during my college years, it's hard to imagine living anywhere but here right now. I'm too ensconced in my football, shopping mall and Steak'n'Shake existence. In fact, just the other day I was startled to find myself saying "Well, maybe some New Yorker would spend $500 on a purse, but not me!" Great. Let's just hook up the mashed potato IV drip and get this over with.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Although I'm holding out hope that Hawaii would have it all for me. I swear, if I had a lot of money, I think I'd spend most of it traveling. If I don't get to Italy before I die, there is going to be hell to pay.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home