Friday, May 26, 2006

Would I play the lottery if I was psychic? You betcha

In an odd coincidence (or is it...?), my conversations today keep veering towards the supernatural and unexplained. Ghosts, UFO's, things like that. I think, like most people, I walk the line between healthy skepticism and a willingness to believe in things I haven't necessarily experienced myself. I don't think the pyramids were built my aliens and I thought the Alien Autopsy was hilarious, but I would personally dig it if I was psychic. When I was a kid I used to imagine that I was a telekinetic superhero. I'd ride up and down our driveway on my bike, pretending like I was wearing a silver, sparkly cape and saving the world from the forsythia bushes. I was such a weird kid. But I think that sort of thing is why I love the X-Men movies and I still secretly harbor a crush on Wolverine.

"How do we know it's really you?"
"You're a dick."

"Ok."

I love that guy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

That is so cool you had a cape! Did you play superhero, too?

10:29 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Any mom who makes capes for her kids and their friends is a cool mom.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the XMen movies, too!! It is funny b/c I saw the first one in the theater by default, the movie we went to see was sold out, so we saw the XMen instead...I had never even heard of them, but loved the movie.
Have you seen the new one yet??
thanks for the updates on Lost! :)

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, i will just wait and put it on my netflix list! You just saved me $8! I think I am going to go to Starbucks... :)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home