Thursday, May 25, 2006

Desmond, we hardly knew ye

I hate to say this, but I was a little underwhelmed by Lost last night. Yes, we found out lots of good information, and that foot statue was really weird, but I kept waiting for the big cliffhanger, and it never seemed to happen. But they did set us up for next season, I suppose. I guess I was hoping a satellite would come crashing down onto Michael's head, or Walt would turn into Spiderman, something like that. Even after Desmond took down the system, it seemed a little anticlimactic. Meh. Well, it's still a good show, and I must say that it was nice to see Libby again. I just wish I knew what that look between Jack and Kate at the end was supposed to signify.

On a different note, I want to share a little story that illustrates one of the reasons I love J so much. Last night around 8, I was sitting on the couch, I looked over at him and said "You know, I'm thinking about going to the store because I feel like baking something." And, without missing a beat, he replied "Be sure to get the brownies with walnuts in them. And could you get me some hard candy?" It was like he just KNEW I was planning on getting gummi worms, too. We have a psychic candy connection, people.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I didn't notice Alex feeling up Kate. Up to now, the whole homosexual issue hasn't been addressed on Lost. Is now the time? Will Sawyer's head explode from happiness seeing Kate and Alex get it on? I think yes.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't notice either. I have to agree with Ann that I expected a little more out of the episode, but I will admit that it was cool that they went into Desmond's background.

Mike found out last night that there is already a website for Penny's dad's company... watching a TV show shouldn't be so hard!

When those looks were being thrown around, I thought for sure Sayid was going to come out of no where and Kate, Jack and Sawyer were going to kick some 'Others' butt! But alas, no.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fell asleep at 10:30 and MISSED the last 30 minutes, darnit!!!!
Ok, refresh my memory, which one is Alex??
So, is the bearded guy that was in the hatch the same bearded guy that is one of the "others?"

Sorry to be asking silly questions! :)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Beth, Alex is the dark-haired girl who we think is Rousseau's daughter and she helped Claire escape the medical hatch. We hadn't seen Kelvin before as an Other--we saw him once as the American Army guy who got Sayid to torture his Iraqi officer. Those aren't silly questions. This show is really complicated to follow. I agree with Katie that you shouldn't have to do so much research to keep up. Geesh. I was hoping for a scene with them beating up The Others, too. I kept waiting for something to happen to turn the tide. Ah well. Maybe next season.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home