Tuesday, June 13, 2006

David Beckham is a wuss. There. I said it.

I was just reading a news story on Yahoo about how polar bears sometimes resort to cannibalism to survive when their food supply runs short. Man, that's a tough life. I would never judge a polar bear because, well, I'm no polar bear, but any situation where you look to your left and then your right and your cousin, Betty, starts to look like a good dinner...well, that's just sucky.

I saw that the American soccer team got whomped by the Czech Republic yesterday. Sigh. I think the Czech Republic is about the size of Kentucky, but it sounds like they've got some really good soccer players there, so you can't begrudge them their victory. I actually spent a couple days in the Czech Republic back in '95 when I studied abroad. It's a neat country. Back then, you could get a lunch of 2 hot dogs, chips, cookies and a Coke for about 75 cents. Sweet. The people were really nice...although I didn't speak the language so they could have been calling me stupid for all I know. I really loved visiting Switzerland and Germany, too. I'd love to get back to both of those countries sometime. Good food, nice people and excellent cheese and pretzels. Mmmm.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

If I'm remembering this right, I think it was still called Swiss cheese in Switzerland. I recall they had TONS of different kinds though. Good stuff.

Yeah, wasn't the American team pretty highly ranked? What happened?

12:41 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

You don't like Swiss cheese?? Well, I must admit I don't eat it by itself, but I do love a good turkey and Swiss sandwich. Mmmm.

That is too bad about our soccer team. It's bizarre how many kids play soccer in America, but professional soccer hasn't caught on.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least swiss isn't stinky like some cheeses!

Today is Ralph's (my dog) first birthday!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home