Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I like me some Christmas buckets

In what is quickly becoming my favorite tradition, J and I went to the zoo last night and looked at the Christmas lights. We got really lucky because the temperatures were in the 40's so we didn't freeze our faces off like we did the last couple years. And that was good. We also saw elephants, wolves, rhinos and an adorable turtle, Sheldon, swimming around with the fish and manatees. Of course, because it's a "family" activity, there were quite a few screaming children in strollers. Now, I accept that I have these thoughts because I have no kids of my own, but, seriously, what are kids always screaming about? What is so bad about sitting in a stroller and having people wheel you around and hand you Cheerios? Kids, you've got the golden life going! Appreciate it while you can because in a few more years, you're going to start going to elementary school, and the free ride is over. And don't even get me started on middle school. *Shiver*

3 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

We used to go to the Christmas lights at Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia!

Knowing my child, the kids may be screaming/whining because they DON'T want to be in a stroller! Or, they could just be whiny brats! :)

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Alisa. I'm going to just try and comment as anonymous. I think your blog just hates me.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a good time looking at the zoo lights. Did you get any pictures? And yeah, there are some kids who are just really loud no matter what. They're missing that filter I guess. Though I know some adults who never developed the volume filter either.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's true. If it were socially acceptable, I bet a lot of adults would howl at the top of their lungs when they're unhappy, too. I just look at toddlers and think they're so lucky having people take care of them like that. Ahhh...I don't even remember the last time somebody wiped my nose for me....

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home