Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face and a wise man knows to get in out of the rain

My friend at work and I were just discussing that very sad news story about the father who's missing in the woods in Oregon, and I was telling her that if I ever get lost in the woods, I'm just going to jump off a cliff. That may sound like "quitting" to some people, but to me it sounds way better than being a cougar's breakfast. Seriously, though, I just have zero survival skills. And it's sad because I was in Girl Scouts a long time when I was a kid and we'd go camping a couple times a year. But all I remember is how to make a candle out of a can of tuna, and I just don't know how practical that is at this point. Dang it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard at your post, Ann! I hated Girl Scouts, my mom only made me do it for one year, thank goodness.

As far as survival goes, I'm with you, Ann! I wouldn't make it long out there in the wilderness!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't do girl scouts either. And I too have no survival skills. However, I think even if you jump off a cliff, something is going to eat you.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I really was in Girl Scouts for years, and I don't think I learned anything worthwhile besides which GS cookies I liked the best (thin mints and samoas). What they NEED to teach girls is how to fight off bears with their bare hands and how to get a man to stop playing his Playstation. THOSE would be helpful skills.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND how to straighten up the bathroom counter after they shave! I am trying to combat this by putting a shaving/anti fog mirror in the shower. Will let you know how that works out! :)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home