Monday, November 27, 2006

Vomit, the final frontier

Ugh, man, it was hard getting up for work today! I actually woke up a bunch of times last night at 2, 4, etc.... I suspect it was because my body knew it had to get up for a reason today and it just got overexcited. But it was a really nice, long holiday weekend. We put up our Christmas tree on Friday, so the house is looking quite festive, and I just put up my tiny tree in my office. Now all I have to do is hang the Christmas ornaments from my ceiling. Seriously. I do this every year. I don't know if my boss really likes it, but the teachers who come in love it! And it helps me get through November and December to look over and see my snowman lights. Awww. Joyeux Noel!

I must also mention that this past Saturday, my older sister and her husband brought their two boys (nephews #2 and #5) over here and we all went to the children's science museum in town. Nephew #2 (who is almost 3 years old) had a delightful time. He was just running from exhibit to exhibit with a smile on his face. He seemed to especially like the entrance to the space exhibit, where you walk on a catwalk in the dark and it looks like stars are spinning around you. I went on it twice and almost puked, but that kid went through there about 6 times in a row! That is some inner ear strength right there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, the joys of the children's museum! The one here has a small replica of a "working" shrimp boat and in one corner of that room is a 5 foot long shrimp hanging from the ceiling...it scared EH to death and actually made me think twice about eating shrimp...don't want to see shrimp in that much detail! :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, yeah, I bet a shrimp that up-close and personal is not very attractive. I try to think of them as inanimate objects, not animals. Which is easy to do when they have no head.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home