Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Listen! Do you smell that?

I saw the coolest thing at the gym yesterday. I was on an elliptical machine trying to decide if reading the closed captioning from Entertainment Tonight or Fox News was more interesting (my conclusion: stare out the window at cars driving by), and I noticed a gym employee leading a blind man towards the treadmills. And, lo and behold, the blind man got on the treadmill and started running pretty dang fast. I was inspired. So many times, I talk myself out of going to the gym because I'm tired or I'd rather go shopping, and here's this man who had to be in his 40's and missing an entire sense, and he's out there running like it's the easiest thing in the world. This might sound cheesy, but it's seeing people like him or a person who obviously has a lot of work to do to reach his or her goal, and they're really pushing themselves, and it makes me want to work harder. The anorexic girls who never break a sweat just make me want to smack them. And smacking people is not good aerobic exercise. I looked it up.

No Lost on tonight. What am I going to do with myself?!?

5 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Is that seriously the tagline for D3? That's hilarious!

I'm not sure about Daybreak. It sounds a lot like Groundhog Day but a lot less funny.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daybreak sounds like groundhog day meets tru calling (anyone else watch that pathetic show?). Mike is still upset about them taking away tru calling (I've decided he must have a thing for Eliza b/c the acting was HORRIBLE) so he is boycotting Daybreak. Hahaha!

I was actually thinking that Ann could go to bed early guilt free tonight! :)

10:10 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I think Daybreak is TWO hours tonight...so that could possibly mean two hours of Taye Diggs. Yum.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I knew a girl in SC who had a non-sexual crush on Eliza Dushku, and I never really understood that. I did enjoy her performance in Bring It On, however.

I should give Daybreak a shot and then if it's no good, fall asleep at 9:15. Heh.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I just saw something on defamer that Michelle Rodriguez and the female robot from Terminator 3 were in a lesbian relationship, too. I had no idea these girls were into girls...although, really, the Michelle Rodriguez part isn't that much of a surprise.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home