Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tresselball

I don't know what got into me last night, but I actually managed to stay up until 11 so I could see how Keyshawn Johnson did in the Monday night game. I'm not a Keyshawn Johnson fan, per se, but he's on my fantasy team, and I was only ahead of my brother by a point, so I had to make sure he didn't fumble 8 times and get a negative score. I'm sure nobody cares about this but me, but the Ohio State vs. Michigan game is this Saturday. I heard on the radio this morning that people are paying thousands of dollars for tickets. Thousands! People, come on. It's an important game...possibly even historic what with Michigan and Ohio State never having met as #1 and #2 before, but putting $3000 worth of football tickets on your credit card is precisely why people in this country can't retire until they're 75. It's not worth it! Just tape the game! Chances are that if you're seated near the student section, you're just going to get puked on anyway.

Speaking of which, one time I was at Williams Brice stadium watching a game, and I went to the bathroom in the third quarter. The floor of the women's bathroom was completely flooded and there was a girl in the stall next to mine heaving into a flooded toilet. That has got to be one of the grossest situations imaginable. I just hope she was too wasted to remember it.

3 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:07 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Ewwww. A flooded bathroom at Williams Brice...nice. Makes me want to break into song...Memories...ok, I will stop!

I personally do not understand spending thousands on a football game ticket. I love watching and going to games but not enough to go into debt for! Now shoes...that's another story! ;)

9:08 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'd spend $3000 on a trip to Aruba, no problem, but I'll be darned if I spend that on a 3-hour game that my team has a chance of losing. No thanks.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home