Wednesday, November 08, 2006

They're Santa pants. They're Santa's pants

Wow, it really looks like the Democrats came on strong yesterday. I thought they'd take over the House of Representatives, but I didn't really think they'd get this close to controlling the senate, too. I think change is generally a good thing when it comes to Washington politics. Exhibit a: Strom Thurmond. How long was that dude in the Senate? Like 86 years? That, my friends, is too long to be at any one job.

But, really, I'm happier that the issues on the ballot in Ohio went the way I wanted them to. The tobacco companies put a constitutional amendment on the ballot to get smoking back in restaurants, and that was defeated, thank goodness. And somebody also tried to allow slot machines in certain places in Ohio, and that went down, too. I remember seeing what slot machines did to South Carolina, and I think banning them was one of the best decisions that state made. That and standing by the yellow barbecue sauce....mmmm...yellow barbecue sauce.

7 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Yummmm...yellow BBQ sauce! I had never heard of it until I moved here and I must say it is quite tasty!
I can NOT believe Andre Bauer got re elected. There, I said it.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Who is Andre Bauer?

Oh, I am a HUGE fan of the yellow BBQ sauce. You seriously can't get it in Ohio. All we have is the red kind. They have vinegar-based sauce, but it's kind of clear and runny. It's a travesty!

10:09 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Got it, will find the fudge...interested in my mom-in-law's homemade fudge?

Bauer is a complete joke, an embarrassment to SC and trying to get him out is the main reason I voted yesterday!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Ann on the BBQ sauce... my BBQ experiences have just never been the same since my time in SC...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

What is it about Bauer that makes him such a joke?

And now I want some fudge!

1:04 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

http://blogs.thestate.com/bradwarthensblog/files/andredriving.txt

This is just some info on Bauer...can't seem to drive the speed limit and managed to get out of all the tickets...also, in the debate with Robert Barber, his opponent, he came off like such a brat.

1:28 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

P.S. I like the exchanging fudge idea, Alisa!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home