Sunday, October 29, 2006

I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!

Oh man, Ohio State whomped all over Minnesota yesterday! 44 to zip. I feel as though our number one ranking is safe this week. I was sad to see the Gamecocks came close to beating Tennessee but ultimately lost, and I'm really surprised the USC Trojans lost to Oregon State. When I think "football powerhouse," I do not generally think "Oregon State Beavers." But life is full of surprises, isn't it?

We also had a good time at the family birthday party last night although it was hard because one of my inlaws called me by J's ex-wife's name. And I'm not quite sure why that hurt so much because it was obviously just a slip of the tongue, but it did. There are days when I can understand why people meet a boyfriend/girlfriend in middle school and stick with them for 70 years. It's a lot simpler that way.

5 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

How great to get a Princess Bride reference on a Monday morning!! We just watched that on Bravo a couple of weeks ago and it still makes me laugh!
Yeah, Ohio State, I couldn't believe that score! And, if the Gamecocks had played more like they did at the beginning of the 2nd half, they might have won, but OH WELL. Like any good Gamecock says, "Maybe next year." (sigh) What's sad is FLORIDA is next and it is not going to be pretty.
Oh, and shame on the in-laws for calling you by the ex's name!!!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I didn't get to see much of the USC/Tennessee game, but I saw the highlights and it looked like USC did a good job for a lot of it. If they play like that for the whole Florida game, they might just pull off the upset. That would be awesome!

8:44 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:23 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Had to remove that comment b/c I found a grave grammatical error so will try again... :)

Ann, what is it like to be a fan of the #1 ranked team in the country? :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I must say that it's really nice being an Ohio State fan right now. I'm really hoping Troy Smith wins the Heismann because I think he's really come a long way as a quarterback.
And, really, I've been knocked around being a Browns fan my whole life, so this is a nice change of pace :)

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home