Monday, October 23, 2006

Shake it off

I don't know if J and I both have a case of asymptomatic mono or what, but we both napped again yesterday afternoon for almost an hour! We are so old!

We also made the mistake of watching Halloween on tv last night, so it took me about half an hour to calm down and realize that no serial killers were living in my bedroom closet. I was thinking about that movie this morning, and I concluded that if that same movie were made today, there would be a heck of a lot more blood. It's actually not that gory by today's standards. He strangles two girls and the stabbings are surprisingly clean. And, frankly, I'm all for that. I think these movies like Saw and Hostel are a little too gross. I may be sounding old again, but I really don't need to see eyeballs being gouged out, thank you very much. I actually think Mariah Carey in a bathing suit is far more frightening anyway.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find as I get older, I scare much easier and am not as prone to watching scary movies :(

8:53 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm the exact same way. I was already pretty wussy to begin with and now I'm a big, old scaredy cat. Don't even get me started on those Japanese horror movies. I watch one of those, and I can't sleep for days.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I like that strategy. A little Family Guy would have done wonders for me after The Ring.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ring definitely freaked me out... I made mike turn on all the lights in the house after we watched that!

However, The Grudge didn't scare me, in fact, I thought it was kinda dumb.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i was very young, i saw poltergeist and it didn't scare me a bit!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

EVERYTHING scared me as a kid. I am far too sensitive. The Freddy Krueger movies always scared me pretty bad. And I only made it about 20 minutes into The Amityville Horror.

12:41 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Poltergeist scared the crap out of me when I was little, I made my sister, Emily, sleep in my room after we saw it! But, I was a scaredy cat! :) Have not seen The Ring or The Grudge...I think the last scary movie I saw was Skeleton Key which just freaky.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Was Skeleton Key good? What's it about? Voodoo or some such thing?

1:44 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Yep, hoodoo voodoo or something of that nature...brick dust, spells, etc. Takes place in and around New Orleans...I enjoyed it, it was good. The ending is a surprise.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home