Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Do YOU know the muffin man?

I'm starting to feel desperate. It's Wednesday, and I still don't have a plan to watch the OSU game on Saturday! Argh! Ok, be honest, can I pass for Coach Tressel if I put on a sweater vest and glasses? Be honest!

I've been thinking a lot the past couple days about Christmas. As much as I'm looking forward to the holidays for the get-togethers, the food, the time off from work, I'm already stressing about what to buy the nephews. We'll have 7 on my side by then, and then J's got at least two on his side that we'll buy presents for. And, I'm just going to admit it, I have no idea what to buy children. I'm always glad when our siblings provide lists, but even then it's still hard. I'm just not around them enough to know what they like to play with. My first instinct is to buy them candy, but that seems to annoy my siblings. But, c'mon, they've still got their baby teeth, so why not rot them out before we have to get dentists involved? That's what I'm saying. So if anybody has some good suggestions for toddler/baby gifts, I'm all ears.

6 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

We were just singing the muffin man song the other day...it is an odd little song!

Anyhoo, books are always a great choice as presents..for kids AND parents..they are quiet and do not require batteries. Places like Marshalls and TJ Maxx are good places to buy kid's books, they are cheaper than a bookstore. Sandra Boynton is a great author of kids books and Olivia books are great, too. (she is the cute pig)Kids-themed cds are good, too...Lori Birkner is a good choice, it is for kids but it doesn't make me want to bang my head against the car window.

I hope this helps!

9:41 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/102-9803277-2436129?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Laurie+Berkner

copy and paste into browser...
info on Laurie Berkner cds (i spelled her name wrong, sorry!)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I always like to buy books for the kids, but they don't seem as excited about them as toys. But maybe the toys wear off after a while and they go to the books.

We can watch ESPNU online?? Nice!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Laurie Berkner is a great choice, and you can get her cd/dvd at Target. That's where I got mine. It's super!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Awww man, I thought you were saying we could watch the game online. Dang. Yeah, our cable provider doesn't have ESPNU, and I don't know anybody with a dish. Hmph. Will I have to (gasp!) LISTEN ON THE RADIO????? NOOOOO!!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The thought of driving to campus on a game day makes me break out into a cold sweat, but, you're right, there's got to be a sports bar nearby that we can go to. There's a bw3 near us. That might be a good choice.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home