Thursday, October 05, 2006

You want a fish biscuit?

I hate to sound like a pessimistic Polly here, but I was underwhelmed by last night's Lost premiere. We still don't know what the Others are up to, there weren't any big reveals, it wasn't particularly emotional...I mean, I did like the "the bears figured it out in two days" and "how many of them were there?" exchange, but overall, I'm getting a little bored with it. I feel like such a traitor for even thinking such a thing! Maybe I was just in a foul mood last night because the Wubby was so mad at us. His tooth extraction went fine, and he seems to be recovering ok, but, man alive, was he hungry when he got home! He raced over to his food dish and paced around until I put it out for him. And he's acted quite put out ever since. We have to keep giving him these liquid painkillers, and he does not like that at all. He'll flail around and try to wrench his head backwards rather than take this stuff. It must taste like death or something. Me, I'm all for painkillers, I don't care if they taste of burnt chalk. But I guess his walnut-sized brain isn't making the connection between getting the liquid and feeling better. I just hope he's in a better mood tonight because I'm starting to take it personally when he sees me coming and runs away. That's no good for my self-esteem.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About Wubby- can you put the painkiller in a little bit of wet food? That's what we did, but it may be a different medication, so check with your vet.

I understand your frustration with the Lost opener, but did you really think we would get a bunch of answers in the season's first episode of a show like this? However, I do want to know what's happening on the other side of the island!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's a good idea about the medicine. I think he'd take to that much easier than what we've been doing.

I don't know what I want out of Lost. I think I was really just in a cruddy mood last night and would have done better taping it and watching it later.

9:48 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I did NOT get to watch Lost last night!! I did record it so I will watch tonight and fast forward through the commercials...I will not get my hopes up, though.

Did anyone see the new show, "The Class?" Funny!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I haven't seen The Class. When is that on? I'm excited to watch The Office tonight and then I've got to watch my tape of House from last night. Geez, you realize how empty my life would be without tv? I'd be a mess!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is on Mondays at 8 before How I Met Your Mother (love that show!). I didn't care for The Class at first, but this week's episode was pretty funny.

12:41 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

darnit, i missed The Class this week! Will catch it next week...I do like How I met Your Mother and mostly because of NPH but it is funny...hard tell where it is going, though.

1:00 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Ok, watched the Lost premiere last night and was just kind of confused! I hope that doesn't make me dim but at the end, I really had no idea what had happened and am just hoping the next few episodes clear some things up!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home