Sunday, October 01, 2006

It was gorge-ous! Get it? GORGE-ous? Ha!

I had a lovely birthday. On Thursday night, we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and had a wonderful time. We both got steak and a slice of cheesecake for dessert. J got a superlative coconut chocolate cheesecake, and I partook of a particularly exquisite dutch apple streusel cheesecake. That sucker was loaded down with apple slices and cinnamon. Mmm. I need to go back and get that again. And Friday we had the day off so we went and got my remote car starter installed (a device, we have since discovered, that scares small children...exxxxcellent). We also went down to Hocking Hills and hiked in Old Man's Cave park. That was so cool! I've never been down to that part of Ohio before, and that gorge was something else. I'm always happy to do outdoorsy things with J because he's very knowledgeable about that stuff. Me, I hear a twig snap and I automatically think a bear's about to eat me, but J calms me down and reassures me that it was just a chipmunk and they're highly unlikely to cause permanent physical damage. But the emotional scars last a lifetime....

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Yes, our 15-month-old great-niece (I can't believe I have a great-niece) was scared when the car started on its own like that. She looked very concerned.

And the funny thing is that on the local news today, they had a story about squirrels in this one park attacking people. I knew it!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home