Friday, September 22, 2006

Now I have two toasters

Oh, man, The Office had me cracking up last night. The "gaydar" from Sharper Image, Michael and Oscar's kiss, the "we're all homos" speech, man, I love that show. J digitally taped it, too, so I'll probably end up watching it again in the next couple days. I do not want to miss anything! I shall watch it with a fine-toothed comb!

This coming weekend is the weekend of birthday parties. We've got one on Saturday and one on Sunday, but I am extremely distressed to find out that the party tomorrow is at the same time as the Ohio State vs. Penn State game. Nooooooo! And since I don't know these inlaws that well, I won't feel comfortable forcing them to turn the game on during the party like I do with J's oldest brother's family. They're some of the nicest people I've ever met, but they seemed surprised last fall when I started coming to parties and asked if we could watch Ohio State games. Apparently, I don't look like a fan. Maybe tomorrow I should just show up at this party wearing a Buckeyes jersey, with my face painted scarlet and gray, wearing my big, red foam finger and let that do the talking for me. That might work....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, be strong, you will find a way to watch the game! I let a car in front of me the other day in traffic b/c she had an Ohio State sticker on the car and it made me think of you!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Beth, you are awesome for spreading the love to other Ohio State fans! You're the best! But I hope I can watch the game tomorrow. Maybe we'll just go to the party for twenty minutes. Heh heh heh.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya girl! I'll be in Pittsburgh- not sure if I'm going to get to watch the Gamecocks or not! But I'll be thinking of you as you guys beat up on Penn St.!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ashley, does Mark know you're saying these things about Penn State losing? Ha! I love it!

I should totally go out tonight and buy one of those 3-inch black and white tvs and take it with me tomorrow. I would buy a little radio, but I like to watch football more than listen to it. Really, this could work. J loves buying electronics, so if I let him pick out a tv, he'd be all for it. Saweet!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Gamecocks are playing Florida Atlantic?? WHAT is that?? They BARELY beat Wofford, so sad.
Ann, go to the party at the beginning and leave early so you can at least watch the 2nd 1/2? New electronics are always fun, though!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Who is this Florida Atlantic? I've never even heard of that school. And did we seriously almost lose to Wofford? It wasn't on tv here so I just saw the final score. That is not good.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home