Thursday, September 14, 2006

A crumpet would be lovely, thank you

I know I say this all the time, but today might be the day that my body is finally actually falling apart. My left eye is irritated, I have a sore throat and my left foot is getting these random shooting pains in it every once in a while. Add to this the fact that I didn't get to sleep very much last night (partially due to the shooting foot pains...jerks), and the result is that I am in an exceptionally foul mood this morning. It's days like this that make me wish I lived in Victorian Europe, when a woman who was in a foul temper could just lock herself in her bedroom, lie there in lace gowns and demand tea from her maid all day and all she had to do was tell people she was "unwell" and she'd be left alone. Unfortunately, if I tried that now, I would have to take a sick day, I don't have a maid to bring me tea, and the Wubby J. would still sit by the bed and stare at me until I fed him. And, really, lace is itchy, so I guess it's not worth it anyhow. Sigh. Can't I just once say I have the vapors and people feel sorry for me? Just once?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Bah, I probably wouldn't have been wealthy either. The best I would do was probably be a fishmonger and dead of old age at 34.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure I would have been a maid, too. Makes me think of "Manor House" on PBS...anyone catch that? "Frontier House" was my favorite, though.
Anyhoo, today my last at the CMA so have a mix of emotions...sad to leave but excited to start new adventure in Charleston! I wish I could leave now but they are giving me a party at 4:30. Ann, I hope your day gets better!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I watched Manor House on PBS. Fascinating stuff!

That's so exciting it's your last day at CMA, Beth! I can't wait to hear what you think of your new job once you get into it. You must be sad to leave the museum though. Just be sure to get all the cake out of them that you can! Heh.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alisa...me, too! How fun that we both are at The Citadel! I will pop in and see you on Monday if I can remember where your door is! :)
Yes, am sad to leave museum, I do love it BUT life goes on and adventures await us in Charleston!
Ann, i hope your ailments are better!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home