Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Great Poombah

People, I am still riding a wave of love and joy that is almost making me forget I've been up since 3:45 this morning. Really, waking up that early was my fault because I pretty much fell asleep on the couch around 9 last night, and I should have known my body would still awaken after 6 hours of sleep. I am turning into Wilford Brimley. But, back to the point, I'm still happy because with the holiday yesterday, I was able to pay a visit to the Forever XXI that's closing today in the downtown mall. Not only were prices slashed, but things were also buy-one-get-one-free, so I got 5 jackets and a pair of cords for $27. Sure, all of it will probably be in tatters in 3 months and the jackets are very "2005" but I just couldn't pass up a deal like that. I felt like a kid in a candy store...except that I ate so many Junior Mints and Spree at the movies on Sunday that I really feel as though I could go without candy for a good 48 hours. Ugh. I'm getting too old to eat pounds of Skittles anymore. Any day now I'm going to get the Wilford Brimley "diabeetus."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wilford Brimley is uncle creepy, can't stand him. We were JUST talking about that show he was on with Marlena AND Shannon Dougherty! Why? I have no idea.
Ann, you got some great deals! Check out the overstocks on LandsEnd.com, they have some great deals...i just got nice pants for $9!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I remember that show with Shannen Dougherty! She wanted to be in the Air Force, I remember that in particular. She was just as annoying back then though.

Landsend.com. Got it!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the show was 'our house'

super deals Ann! I love a good bargain!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our House, that's it!! I kept wanting to call it Full House but that was the one with the Olsen twins, right? (memories like this are taking up much needed space in my brain, I wish I could delete some files!) :)

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home