Friday, August 25, 2006

Babe strikes back

I had a pretty violent altercation with a pound of bacon last night that has left me scarred both physically and emotionally. I decided to make breakfast for dinner...my Mom used to do that sometimes when I was a kid, and I always loved it...mostly because I am a HUGE fan of jams and jellies. Anyway, so I decided to make eggs, toast and bacon and I even made bacon the old-fashioned way on a skillet instead of in the microwave like I usually do. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten how much bacon grease pops off the skillet and how much that burns when it hits one's flesh. I won't go into too much detail, but I've got burns on my belly, foot and arm. Freakin' bacon. Next time, I'm sticking with the microwave. It may not taste as good but at least I won't be jumping around the kitchen howling in pain.

Hey, it's Friday! Yay!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so were you frying bacon in the nude? hee-hee! I know that hurts! Keep an aloe plant on hand, those are the best for burns!
i hope it feels better!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing as Beth about the cooking in the nude! ha!

Where's there's 2, there's 3... who will be next this week?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I was NOT cooking naked, you sickos :) I just had on some sweatpants that fall kind of low on my hips so my poor, virgin belly flesh was exposed.

I need to get me an aloe plant. That would have been handy.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or you can buy that green slime that comes in a bottle made from aloe

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home