Friday, August 11, 2006

The streets run red with Burgundy's blood!

I had that focus group last night and it was the easiest $80 I ever made. Plus, I got a free Sierra Mist out of it. You gotta like that. The group was about 10 people, male and female, all different ages, talking about doctors and nurses they'd recently seen at the same hospital. The most interesting part to me was how the men were almost all like "Yep, I just had quadruple bypass surgery" or "I went through the car of my windshield" but their responses to the questions were all like "it was no big deal...I'm fine...no big whoop." But then there were a couple women in there who would talk and talk and talk for 20 minutes about an upset stomach. This one woman, in particular, would not shut up. She'd wax poetic about the state of American health care, and the moderator of the group kept trying to interrupt her, but she could not be stopped. She claimed to have asthma, but I don't see how that's possible considering she never took a breath the whole time she was there because she was talking so much. Liar!

I'm just so glad it's Friday. I had quite a bit of trouble getting myself out of bed today. If it weren't for the fact that Wubby will start to meow plaintively if he doesn't get his sink water, I probably would have stayed in bed an extra 10 minutes today. That cat. It's a good thing I love him so much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I'm still tempted to spend the money on shirts, but I should probably save it to buy a good winter coat. That's just no fun though.

Yeah, Delbert was the man who went through his windshield. He was awesome. He had all these tattoos and a shirt with flames on it, and he kept saying "They saved my life. I got nothing bad to say about those doctors." He cracked me up.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Those are hard to find, but I'll do my best. Mentally, I think it's a good idea to remind oneself of fire and warmth during the winter months. Brilliant plan!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home