Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The cheese stands alone

I am terrified of getting on the scale right now. My loose jeans feel tight and this tshirt keeps scrambling up toward my diaphragm as if scared of my expanding belly. I assure you, I'm not pregnant or getting large for any good reason. I just ate too much this weekend. When you wake up on a Sunday, bloated like an elephant seal, and you realize you and your husband just ate 2/3 of a blackberry pie in 24 hours, it's time to seek help. That Irish festival on Saturday didn't help matters either. Kettle corn, cinnamon pecans, lemonade slushies...I swear, fair food is a pox. A pox upon my will power!

But, you know, the more I think about this, the less I'm actually worried. I can still fit into my clothes, so it's really no big deal. I've been pondering a lot lately these thin people I know who are always trying to lose 5 pounds, and I've concluded I don't want to be like that. That's no fun. So I'll try to keep my homemade mac & cheese consumption to a minimum, but, other than that, I'm going to focus on better things. Like getting a haircut. You realize it's been about 7 months since I got a haircut? I seriously can't even reach the ends of it when I'm combing in the morning. I'm Crystal Gayle!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Crystal, that must be some hair! :)
that is my philosophy, i don't want to always be concerned with 5 lbs, i just want to stay in the size I am in now! Plus, I really like to eat! :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I always remember Crystal Gayle when I think about watching Solid Gold when I was a kid. I loved that show...what was wrong with me?

Wouldn't it be cool if we could stay the same weight, eat whatever we want and never have to exercise? Somebody needs to figure that out!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I loved Dance Fever, too! I'd forgotten about that show!

Ick. Purging. I don't think I could make myself throw up if I swallowed a bomb. Gah.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home